Saturday, February 12, 2011

Conclusions

Of the 7 people we interviewed, 5 were married while 2 were single with no intention of ever marrying and having children. Rise in the cost of living and difficulty finding time spend with their children were the most common reasons why Singaporeans decide to have a 1-2 or not to have any children at all. Some said the government should give more incentives and tax rebates to encourage childbearing.

Christopher: I benefited from this project as I learnt how to make a blog and I also got to know the problems the government is facing about low population growth from the public's perspective. I contributed by conducting the survey.

Robert John: I am the leader of this group. I benefited from this project as I now I know the causes and problems of Singapore due to the low birth rate. I contributed by typing out most of the words in our blog. Christopher helped the group out by typing the survey results here in our blog. Hassan did the research using the textbook, the news paper articles and the internet. Most of all, I came out with the word COLBRIS which stands for Cause Of Low Birth Rate In Singapore.

Muhammad: I have learned many intresting facts and skills from this project. Not only did I get the chance to learn about low population growth in a fun and creative way, I also got to interview other people and I got to know the cause of low population growth. I'm very fortunate to have been working with my other groupmates, and I must thank Robert for being a very good leader.

Hassan:I have learnt many things about the main causes of low birth rate.I contributed by doing the research bu surfing the net and using the textbook as a source of information.I also undertand what the goverment is facing now regarding to the low birth rate.This project makes us undeerstand more about this particular topic.I hope we will have more of this.

2 comments:

  1. bro the taxes no link with low birth rate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Average long working hours (working 44 hours a week or more) is a contributing factor.

    ReplyDelete